A veterinary technician is an individual who works under a veterinary doctor and provides the best possible care to animals, pet, livestock etc. A veterinary technician is responsible for providing first aid and nursing to animals and also assist the vet in surgical procedures etc.
There are many other duties and responsibility of a vet tech and in order to become one, an individual needs to prepare a well detailed an impressive resume. A veterinary technician resume must consist of details of the qualifications of the applicant. A sample has been given below.
Sample Veterinary Technician Resume Example
Address: 290, g street, pentagon road, New York
Phone number: 4230495359
Date of birth: 5th May 1985
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of Purpose
An extremely compassionate and strong willed individual with ample experience and education in field of vet science is looking for a job of a vet tech at a reputed vet clinic.
Skills and Areas of Expertise
- Compassion and genuine passion for animals.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of medical equipments and apparatus.
- Good at assisting in surgical procedures.
- Ability to work for long hours.
- Stamina and emotional strength.
- Bachelor’s degree in veterinary technology from John Hopkins University.
- Diploma in veterinary technician studies from New York.
- Passed the national veterinary technician exam and gained licensure in this field of work.
- After completing my graduation, I worked as a veterinary technician trainee for 6 months at a respectable veterinary clinic in Manhattan.
- Worked as a veterinary technician at Rupert’s Vet Care clinic in New York for a period of 2 years where I gained ample amount of experience in this field.
- Also worked as a veterinary assistant at a veterinary hospital in Ohio for 12 months time period.