General Accountants are responsible for drafting and plotting the profit and loss figures of a business after thorough evaluation of financial data and records. They investigate discrepancies, deficiencies and problems that may affect the financial performance of the company.
General accountants are highly knowledgeable in taxation and accounting laws, theories and principles and therefore, they give sound recommendations to the management in terms of drafting financial programs and projections. General Accountants may serve different offices whether private or public with constant business transactions.
General Accountant Resume Example
7865 Universal St.
Georgia, USA 76889
Phone: (878) 908-909
Reliable and skilled professional seeking for a job as General Accountant in a business company
Summary of Qualification
- Handled various accounting activities and procedures involving data management and processing
- Excellent skills in research, monitoring and calculations of financial data
- Knowledgeable in accounting principles and theories as well as government imposed laws and governing policies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in computer software and programs needed to validate and expedite data processing and filing
- Keen on details and accuracy of computations to ensure sound evaluations and planning
Career Experience/Job History
2008 – 2011: General Accountant, Andy and Clark Associates
- Researched and entered financial data to the information management system
- Verified accuracy of data and reconciled records with discrepancies
- Generated month-end reports and made presentations for the management
- Monitored and updated information filed in records whenever changes have been made
2004-2008: Junior Accountant, Monte Sito Restaurants
- Took on bookkeeping and inventories
- Entered financial data in records, updated and created reports for the management
- Made research and evaluation for finance projects
2002-2004: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance, University of Georgia
Certified Public Accountant
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.