The word ESL is short for referring to- English as a second language. ESL teachers are the individuals who teach English to the candidates whose first language is not English but need to learn it due to various reasons. The individual teaching ESL must have a command over the language and also must prepare an appropriate resume for the same. Thus an ESL teacher resume example must contain complete details of the candidate including their skill sets, educational qualifications, experience and others.
Sample ESL Teacher Resume Example
Name: Mrs. Jill Thomas
Date of Birth: 26th July 1987
Residence Address: House No. 243. Bright Complex, Willow Park Street, Jackson Town, Seattle, USA.
Residence No.: 565474578
Mobile No.: 255623476
E- mail Address: email@example.com
- 2007- 2008: Certificate in English Teaching, Institute of ESL Education, USA.
- 2004- 2007: Bachelors of Arts (English), St. Martin College of Arts, Seattle University, Seattle, USA.
- 2004: Completed high school education, Jack Senior High School, Jackson Town, Seattle, USA.
Academic Work Experience:
- 2008- 2009: Underwent training as an ESL teacher in a state facility (Seattle) to adults partially educated about English.
- 2009- 2011: ESL Teacher, Mathew & Carmen Institute of Languages, Chicago, USA.
- Assist in framing a curriculum.
- Teach the individuals as per the curriculum.
- Report about the progress of each individual to superiors.
- 2011- present: ESL Instructor, Pick & Dudley Language Institute, Chicago, USA.
- Screen, research and then frame an appropriate curriculum/ course structure.
- Supervise the progress and education of each of the assigned individual.
I have been able to gain a command over the English language such that I can help educate those in need to learn it. It brings me great pleasure in successfully teaching an individual to read, write and understand the great English language. I believe in working hard with full dedication and sincerity.