The underwriters are responsible with examining the risks of different insurance policies for different clients. The underwriter resume, hence, needs to be carefully constructed ensuring that the applicant has all the skills required to handle such a job. The underwriter is required to be an expert in all forms of insurance which includes general, life, commercial etc. The resume must contain all proper details regarding the educational and professional qualifications. A clear career objective must be inserted in the resume as well.
Sample Underwriter Resume Example:
Name: Ted Mosby
Address: 123, Teleport Drive, Mulberry, Atlanta
Mobile no.: 011239045
- Bachelor of Commerce (Major in Management and Finance, Minor in Economics) from the University of Atlanta, 1999-2001
- Expert in Microsoft Office which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook Express.
- Well versed with all operating systems such as Windows Vista, 97, XP, Basic.
1. Senior Underwriter for INSURANCE AND MORE Co, 2003-2009
- Underwriting for all commercial transactions and transfer accounts of properties in the United States of America, amounting to $300 million.
- Counseling for all marketing and sales agent.
- Ensuring compliance with state insurance rules and regulations.
- Auditing all financial data of the company.
2. Promoted to Senior Property Underwriter in the above stated company.
In addition to previous responsibilities, the following were added:
- Risk calculation and assessment of the Marketing Department.
- Guidance to newly hired underwriters through formal and informal trainings.
References can be produced if and when required.