A pharmacy technician is a person who assists the pharmacist in various activities such as preparation of medication, maintenance and sterilization of lab equipment, upkeep of chemical supplies etc. The role of a pharmacy technician is one that entails good communication skills, attentiveness apart from good analytical skills. A person applying for the position of a pharmacy technician should possess good knowledge of various medication and drug properties along with diagnostic capabilities. A pharmacy technician resume example is given below.
Sample Pharmacy Technician Resume Example
#12, Yarm Cleveland,
contact : 123-456-789
Objective : To obtain an entry level position as a pharmacy technician in a leading pharmacy.
Summary of qualifications :
- Possess training in pharmaceutical terminology and generic names of medicines.
- Have very good eye for detail along with excellent problem solving capabilities.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication.
- Good at customer service and eager to learn on the job.
- Possess accuracy required to dispense medicines accurately.
- Possess good discipline to maintain pharmacy in a clean and orderly manner.
Educational Qualifications :
- Completed diploma in Pharmacy Technician Course from University of Wales in 2007 and obtained Pharmacy Technician Certificate. The diploma course curriculum includes topics such as pharmacy practice ethics, retail pharmacy procedures, pharmaceutical calculations, basic anatomy, patient interaction and care, inventory management.
- Obtained certification in Applied pharmacology in the year 2009 which specifically aimed at practical training in Retail drug dispensation and related activities undertaken by a pharmacy technician.
Professional work experience :
- Undertook Internship during study in Wales Children’s Hospital and primary tasks included assisting pharmacist in dispensing medicines according to prescription, stock and inventory maintenance under pharmacist supervision, helping clients with Insurance claims etc.
References are available on professional request.
Work preferences :
Willing to work in both day and night shift including weekend shifts.