Media Planners direct activities in the advertising department to ensure that the clients get the best results from their advertisements by using a variety of media as channels. They make sure that the advertisements reach the right audience at the right time using the appropriate media.
Media planners research on the market situation and identify prospect buyers while creating a theme for the advertisement. They must be equipped with the knowledge in the media industry and business and communicate effectively their plans for their potential clients.
Media Planner Resume Example
5743 Warren Ave.
Bakersville, Maine 8923
Phone: (212) 210-2100
Highly motivated and organized individual seeking for a position as Media planner in a publication
Summary of Qualification
- Excellent time management skills
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills and can work in a team
- Detail-oriented and has the ability to multi-task
- Highly organized and can arrange for meeting venues and needs according to client specifications and requests
Career Experience/Job History
2008 – 2011: Media Planner, Glendale Media and Arts
- Evaluated and assessed client advertising records and identified areas which can be revised and improved
- Drafted media plans and advertising strategies for clients with consideration to their corporate values, mission and financial projections
- Studied and reviewed product lines and identified the strengths and weaknesses as basis for producing advertisements
- Directed staff to record and document all production activities including promotional events
- Assessed all implemented plans and monitored performance of stakeholders involved
2004 – 2008: Advertising Staff, Bantam Advertisers
- Processed documents for customers with contracts and agreements for advertising services
- Informed clients of the products and services offered by the company
- Coordinated with different departments to ensure that advertisement job orders are being implemented
2000-2004: Bachelor of Science in Advertising, University of Maine
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.