IT jobs look for people who have sound knowledge in the computers, programming development field and have managerial skills as well. Hence, an IT resume should essentially highlight the proper blend of these skills in the applicant.
There are various roles that an individual can play in the IT sector. Software developer, system administrator and project manager are the most important roles in this sector.
A resume is the only means that the applicant has in order to highlight his potential in front of the recruitment board. Therefore this resume should be a concise manifestation of all the useful facts and figures that the interviewee wants to share with the interviewer.
The following points must be kept in mind while constructing an IT resume-
- Precise objective for being a part of the IT industry.
- Name, address and other personal details.
- Total work experience. Even training experience from some reputed industries can also be stated.
- Details of the graduation and the post graduation degrees must be accounted for.
- Good communication skills are always an added advantage in this field.
- Some other technical trainings and software courses from reputed institutes must be mentioned.
At this site you will come across many such sample IT resumes to help you customize one for your purpose.