A GIS technician is one who works on customizing Geographic Information Systems. Their primary role is to read and decipher maps in order to understand the digital land data that is entered in the GIS database. A GIS technician also has the subsidiary role of presenting data reports by making use of the GIS technology. A person applying as a GIS technician should have specific skills and needed educational qualifications which should be well presented in their resume. A GOS technician resume example is given below.
Sample GIS Technician Resume Example
Arthur F Karen
#1, Sittingbourne, Kent, London, ME10
Phone – 111-222-3333
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- To secure the position of a GIS analyst that gives me ample scope to grow personally and professionally.
Summary of Skills
- Quick at learning new concepts even in a new environment.
- Possess great attention for minute details of work.
- Self motivated person.
- Possess good communication skills to effectively communicate information in a crisp manner.
From 2006-till present- ABC Geo Corp – Kent
- Assigned vector data as assistant to chief geologist.
- In charge of daily reporting on geographic data by making use of maps.
- Assigned with solving GIS problems in the GIS team in the organization.
GIS Support Staff
From 2004 – 2006 at ABC Inc – Wales
- Preparation of maps according to instructions of seniors.
- Maintenance of accurate data related to service locations assigned.
- Collation of statistical data necessary for further analysis.
- Completed Associate’s Diploma in GIS from University of London in the year 2004.
- Acquired Bachelor of Science degree from Wales University, London in the year 2003.
- Good typing skills.
- Proficiency in using MS-Office packages MS-Station.
- Have hands on experience in AUTOCAD.
References are available on professional request of employer.