A desktop support is an individual working in the information technology department of an organization or in the field of information technology. They are responsible for providing technical support to the staff of an organization by inspecting and maintaining equipments like PC’s, laptops, printers, tablets, scanners etc. They also help with configuration and installation of desktop computers. The individual applying for this position must highlight in his resume about his knowledge of operating systems and software. He should possess skills to solve unique technical problems. A desktop support resume example is given below:
Sample Desktop Support Resume Example
21 East Side Street, Cambridge City, Los Angeles 6790
Mobile number: 467 890
Landline number: (123) 236 783
E mail id: email@example.com
To work in the position of a desktop support professional in the IT department of a reputed firm where I can make best use of my experience and skill sets.
- Knowledge to handle computer hardware and various operating systems
- Experience of working with trouble shooting of scanners, printers, laptops etc.
- Can work under pressure and strict deadlines.
- Have knowledge about desk tracking systems
- Excellent written communication skills
- Bachelor in computer science in the year 2006 from Los Angeles University
- Completed Diploma in Advance Computers from ABC Institute in the year 2009
- Currently working in the position of a desktop support in Gas garments Limited since May 2009. I am responsible for checking all issues related to desktops, printers, scanners and laptops and then identifying the issues. Providing training to new joiners regarding service of hardware and using operational software also falls under my job duties.